Getting married? Are you planning to do a First Dance?
- The wedding first dance is a tradition couples observe in celebration of their marriage.
- Argentine Tango and/or Salsa Romantica along with the respective music or song provides the elements for the first dance.
- The conclusion of the first dance marks an open invitiation to all wedding guests to continue the dancing celebration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Can we have a first dance even if
we've never danced before?
How much time is recommended to
perform a successful and fun first
- Yes. We believe, if you can walk - you
can dance. However, ample time is needed
Which dance do we learn, Argentine
Tango or Salsa Romantica?
- At least 3 months or more
before the event. However, we have helped
couples with less time to prepare.
How do we find the right music or
song for our first dance?
- Argentine Tango tends to be more on the
passionate side while Salsa Romantica is more on
the fun-loving side. Tango takes more time
to learn than Salsa. We can help
you determine which would best fit your
How long should the first dance
and/or music be?
- Choosing music or a song should be based on
how you and your significate other feel about
the selection. It should be relative to the
dance you choose. We can help in your selection
with music from our extensive library if you're
not sure about what you want.
What if the song we choose is
longer than 2 minutes?
- We recommend that your routine and/or
music be no longer than 2 minutes.
You have to dance or perform
to the length of the music, therefore,
there must be enough choreography or
movements to satisfy the length of the
music. Two minutes may not seem
very long, however, when dancing in
front of a crowd during this time frame,
it can appear to be an eternity.
What other factors should we consider
in regards to our first dance?
- We have the ability and technology to
shorten the music to a prescribed length.
Of course, the quality of the cut is
dependent on the song. In most
cases, most people will not be able to
tell where it the cut was made.
After we choose our music what do
we do next?
- The most common considerations which we
will discuss and ask questions about are
the venue, the dance floor, the location
of the guests, the sound system, the wearing
attire, and the timing for the first dance.
We may find other factors for discussion
when we meet you on your first
How often do we have to practice
- We start to create or choreograph specific
movements to the song or music. We teach
you the choreography and have you execute
it as many times as needed so that you can
successfully perform it. This is a process
and therefore requires time to adjust and
change based on your abilities in learning
the choreography. The movements will be
created based on your comprehension of
If we've never performed in front of
an audience, how do we gain that
- We recommend that you practice as often as
possible. Planning a wedding takes time
and practicing the routine should be
incorporated into that planning.
What is the cost of creating,
learning and performing our
- We want you to experience the feeling of
performing in front of an audience.
We provide you the opportunity to perform
for one or more of our group classes.
How do we get started?
- Weddings are expensive propositions which may
require a budget.
The number of lessons needed for
your particular wedding is determined by how
much time we have to prepare, choreograph and
practice your routine. We can provide you with
a better perspective on what it will take to
have a completed routine when we meet.
- Send us a message via our "Contact Us" link.
We'll contact you regarding the information
provided. You can also call us at
415-468-9226 to ask questions and schedule